Vigilerhof’s history and hosts
This family-run 4-star superior hotel in Siusi allo Sciliar has been welcoming guests for 50 years with a traditional and modern ambience.
He will entice you with culinary delights, seeing to your physical well-being.
Hobbies: music, horses (Haflinger), card-playing
Will welcome you at reception and give you ideas for a successful holiday.
Hobbies: hiking, skiing, card-playing
Attends the Swiss hotel management school in Lucerne (SHL). If he is home, you might meet him at reception or in service.
Hobbies: music, hiking, card-playing
Attends the hotel management school in Merano. Occasionally helps out in service.
Hobbies: horses, swimming
- In 1962 Karl Marmsoler († 2018) and Agnes Gius († 2009) exchanged their marriage vows; they had two sons: Klaus and Walter.
- Until 1976 they ran a butcher’s in Nalles together.
- In 1970 they built Vigilerhof. As a trained butcher, Karl supplied the kitchen with meat such as bacon, while Agnes worked as chef in the kitchen.
- In 1996 the facility was expanded to include an annexe, where a sauna facility was later installed.
- Since 1999 Klaus, as a trained cook, has been running this traditional inn, along with his wife, Ulrike, and two children, Florian (born 1998) and Sophia (born 2002).
- In 2000 the sauna area was rebuilt.
- In 2002 the bar and lounge for guests were refurbished.
- In 2006 the sun terrace was expanded.
- In 2009 Klaus and Ulrike added an open swimming pool – a new facility for Vigilerhof guests to enjoy.
- 2011: extension and construction of rooms and suites; kitchen refurbishment.
- In 2012 the winter garden was completed.
- In 2014 the garage was added.
- In 2015 the reception and rooms were reconstructed and refurbished.
- Since 2017 the rooms, rest areas and sauna area have a radiant new appearance.